Caravan Holiday Parks And Lodges Near Cardiff And Swansea 2024
From Cardiff, your options for a seaside caravan holiday are either to head for the Pembrokeshire coast or over the bridge to Somerset. Both are good options, with some high quality caravan parks and posher lodges on offer. From Swansea, you'll generally find that the West Wales coastline is near and with a good choice.
A few worth considering include:
A few worth considering include:
Parkdean Resorts Trecco Bay Holiday Park Mid Glamorgan
- 45 minutes' drive from Cardiff or 35 minutes from Swansea
- Very large and popular resort run by Parkdean Resorts. One of the UK's largest holiday parks.
- Loads of activities including high ropes, bungee trampolines, choice of places to eat, evening entertainment and minigolf
- Good sized indoor swimming (although it does get busy)
- Choice of several types of accommodation including budget priced smaller caravans and larger lodges with much more space
- Pleasant beachside location
- Customer reviews on TripAdvisor are 3.5/5 but on Google Reviews it scores 4.3/5. Overall, it came mid table in our ranking of every Parkdean Resorts holiday park.
Lydstep Beach Holiday Park Pembrokeshire
- 1 hour 15m drive from Swansea or 1 hour 45m from Cardiff
- Family-friendly caravan park owned by Haven, which has a good reputation and about 40 holiday parks around the UK.
- Choice of accommodation grades depending on your budget (see our guide to Haven's grading system).
- Great reviews (4.5/5) combined with good value
- Indoor swimming pool, lots of activities and a beach nearby
- Haven lets you choose from an accommodation only holiday called Haven Hideaway or a standard holiday including access to the facilities.
- See our full guide to Haven in Wales
Bluestone National Park Resort Pembrokeshire
- 1 hour 15 minutes to Swansea, 1 hour 45 minutes to Cardiff
- large Center Parcs style resort, spread out over 500 acres
- impressive waterpark called the Blue Lagoon with wave machine, flumes and lazy river
- dozens of pay-as-you-go activities including high ropes, rock climbing and minigolf
- onsite restaurants and entertainment
- very good reviews of 4.6/5 on Google reviews or 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- not as cheap as some caravan parks, but usually cheaper than Center Parcs
- see our full comparison of Center Parcs v Bluestone
Llanrhidian Holiday Park near Swansea
- 30 minutes from Swansea, 1 hour 15 minutes from Cardiff
- Good value caravan park and lodge park run by John Fowler Holidays
- Well-known chain with about 12 resorts in the Westcountry and Wales.
- Hot tubs are available with some of the posher accommodation
- Heated outdoor swimming pool and onsite restaurant
- 15 minutes drive to Oxwich Bay and within half an hour of Rhossili Bay
- Very good reviews of 4.5/5 from customers
Noble Court Holiday Park Pembrokeshire
- 1 hour from Swansea or 1 hour 30 minutes from Cardiff
- Cheap caravan park with outdoor swimming pool as well as a playground
- Good reviews of 4/5 on TripAdvisor or 4.5/5 on Google Reviews.
- Rural setting with caravans spread across 50 acres
Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa Somerset
Fishguard Bay Resort Pembrokeshire
- 1 hour 30 minutes from Swansea, 2 hours from Cardiff
- Quiet caravan holiday park with hot tubs and simple facilities
- Cliff top views
- Outstanding reviews of 5/5
Golden Sands Brean Somerset
- 1 hour 15 minutes from Cardiff, 1 hour 45 minutes from Swansea
- Cheap, family-friendly caravan park
- Near the beach and theme park, lots of activities
- Scores of 4.5/5 from most reviewers